Monday, July 27, 2009

Crazy?...I was crazy once!

I've been a runner since jr. high, and have run tons and tons of 5k's. However, I have never raced anything higher than that! So this year I signed up for the "Winter Racing Circuit" that my work (Striders) puts on every winter. It starts in February and consists of a series of races that builds you up just in time for the Ogden Marathon: 5k, 10k, 10 miler, half-marathon, and a 30k (18.5 miles)!!!! Crazy! I only planned to go up to the ten miler (maybe) and then see how I felt for the half-marathon... It was an amazing thing!
Brad was such a trooper.. he would wake up at 5am with me on Saturday mornings to drive me to the races so I wouldn't be so nervous! After finishing the first 5k I turned to Brad, panting and said there was no way I could do more than that! He just smiled and patted my back... 2 weeks later I finished my first 10k (6.2 miles) and same thing, "I don't think I can do any more"... 2 weeks later I was finishing the 10 miler! Then came my first half... I was so excited and so nervous! It was up in the valley where my parents live so that made it fun to run past them! I did better than I thought- I could barely walk after- but also better than I thought! The last race was the 30k.. I don't know even to this day how I did it!! It was so insane and crazy and awesome feeling to be able to finish! It wasn't record time in the least, but it was one of the biggest accomplishments of my life! Anyway, ya I know I'm crazy, but you have to be to be a runner! There's just something about it I love.. it's addicting! I plan on running at least one full marathon in my lifetime... Anyway, check out the pictures below!
Finishig my first 10K

10 miler (I'm smiling because I'm only half way through.. the pain hasn't hit quite yet!)

First half-marathon!!! (I'm running past my parents and about to shed my pants!)

30K!

Finishing 18.5 miles... need I say more!

So I made my goal to run in the Ogden Half Marathon! It was the funnest race ever!! I definitely plan on doing it again!

Ran just under an 8 min./mile pace!

1 comment:

  1. you are simply amazing. seriously girl. i am so impressed. i love that dude in your last picture...he's like, "PLEASE, I've GOT to pass this girl!" Haha. You rock.

    ReplyDelete