Tuesday, December 11, 2012

We had a baby...

...8 MONTHS ago! Geeze I'm bad at keeping up the blog! I thought for the sake of my child's memories of her birth I better get going on this so I don't forget! We found out at the end of July 2011 that we were pregnant! I was working that day and, working at a doctor's office, I had the luxury of taking pregnancy tests as often as I wanted! When the test showed positive I couldn't help but run out and tell the doctor I worked for! Then I remembered Brad :) I sent him a quick text with a picture of the test results and to call me! We were SOOOOOO excited and couldn't believe it was happening! 7 weeks in, the puking started! It was awful. Due to my being so sick we ended up telling our families a little earlier than we planned. They were all so excited! My first tri was really hard trying to work while being so sick. My body and mind were so contradicting - If I didn't eat often enough I puked, but the thought of food made me want to puke! Riding in cars made me puke!(yuck, just writing this makes me want to postpone any more kids for a while!)People kept telling me that was a good sign, that it meant the baby was healthy. That, Zofran, and my sweet husband were what got me through the first trimester. Once I hit about 17 weeks though, pregnancy was a breeze! I felt great and loved it! The due date was March 21st. After 40 LONG weeks that day came and went. We were trying everything to get her to come on her own, but she must be as stubborn as I am! We ended up inducing her 2 days later on March 23rd. I was so nervous and excited at the same time! The doctor broke my water (weirdest thing!) at about 9:00am, and they started me on Pitocin about 9:30. Contractions are not fun. To all you mothers who go natural- WOW! My advice, get an epidural! They're AMAZING!!! Once that was in the whole labor was so enjoyable and great! I even got to close my eyes for a short nap before I had to start pushing! When it was time, just a short 20 minutes of pushing and she was here! All 8lbs 2oz and 21 inches of her! She was perfect! I know I am a biased mom, but she was the most beautiful newborn ever! I think Brad was preparing himself for an alien baby, and when she looked so perfect he was hooked instantly! It was so cute to see him instantly connect with her as his baby and become so loving and protective of her! So 8 months later I am loving being a mom! I am so blessed to be able to stay at home and raise her. She is growing so well. She is currently in the 95% for height and 90% for weight. She has had these kind of stats her whole life! Pretty sure she's going to be a tall girl! She eats well, sleeps awful, giggles and smiles, crawls all over the place, is spoiled to death, and loves being around people! She is our sweetie and we love her so much! Here's a billion pictures from the past 8 months! We named her Brooklyn Elisabeth Schultz.
Lots of pictures but she's lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment